Baked Fish A La Spetsiota
|Fish||3 Pound (For Instance, Cod Steaks, Between 900 And 1350 Grams)|
|Olive oil||6 Ounce (1 Teacup)|
|White wine||3 Ounce (1/2 Teacup)|
|Canned tomatoes/Fresh tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||3 Ounce (1/2 Teacup)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), very finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Ounce (1/3 Teacup)|
1) Preheat the oven 350 °F.
2) Lightly grease a baking dish.
3) Wash the fish and allow to drain.
4) Rub the fish with salt and pepper on both sides and leave it to drain.
5) In a baking pan, place the fish.
6) In a bowl, place together tomatoes, wine, garlic, parsley and olive oil.
7) Beat the wine mixture until mixed well.
8) Gently stream the wine mixture onto the fish.
9) Dredge the fish with breadcrumbs.
10) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until fish flakes off easily with fork.
11) As the top of the fish turns red, flip it, spoon little sauce on top of it and dredge with breadcrumbs.
12) Leave it to bake slowly, basting sauce occasionally over the fish.
13) Serve the fish either hot or cold, but preferably cold.
Calories 910 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.9 mg59%
Sodium 706.8 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 73 g145.8%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 59.5%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet