|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce|
|Cooked haddock/Cooked cod||1⁄4 Pound|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Grated cheese||3 Ounce|
1) Flake the fish.
2) In fast-boiling salted water, cook rice for about 20 minutes until tender, and drain well.
3) Chop the egg yolks from hard-boiled eggs.
3) Mix rice with flaked fish, melted butter, seasonings, parsley and chopped egg yolks.
4) For a supper dish, 4 oz chopped button mushrooms cooked in a little butter may be added.
5) In foil container covered with lid of heavy-duty foil, or in polythene bag, pack the kedgeree until used.
6) To serve: heat the kedgeree and serve as main dish.