Golden Herring Crisp
|Herrings||4 , boned|
|Soft brown sugar||6 Ounce|
|Powdered mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Plain yogurt||5 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Paprika pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a grilling pan, place the herrings on a piece of foil.
3) Brush the herrings with melted butter.
4) In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and mustard.
5) Sprinkle 1/2 the sugar-mustard mixture over the herrings.
6) Grill over a very low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
7) Gently turn over the herrings and sprinkle over rest of the sugar-mustard mixture.
8) Grill the herrings for another 3 to 4 minutes.
9) Gently transfer the herrings to a heated oval serving dish and keep warm.
10) Reserve the fish liquor in the foil and combine with the walnuts and yoghourt, mix thoroughly.
11) Spoon the walnut mixture on both the ends of serving dish and sprinkle with paprika pepper to taste.
12) Serve the Golden Herring Crisp immediately.
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg31.7%
Sodium 119.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 44.4 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet