Fried Fish With Garlic And Spring Onions
|Plaice fillet||12 Ounce, deskinned and cut into 1 inch 2-5 cm strips (350 Gram)|
|Cornflour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter, Preferably Groundnut)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Sprinkle the salt all over the fish and let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a small bowl beat the egg dip the pieces of fish into the cornflour and then into the beaten egg.
3. Shallow fry in oil heated in a wok or large frying pan.
4. Drain on paper towel.
5. Pour off the oil, discard and wipe the wok or pan clean and add the rest of the ingredients.
6. Simmer for 2 minutes, put the fish on a warm serving platter and pour over the hot sauce.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice or with vegetables.