Baked Fish au Gratin
|Frozen fillets||1 Pound (Cod, Ocean Perch, Halibut Or Flounder, 1 Package)|
|Fine cracker crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Thaw the frozen fillets as per package directions.
3) Brush a 1 quart shallow baking dish with melted butter or margarine.
4) Sprinkle cracker crumbs all over the greased baking dish.
5) Arrange the fillets over the crumbs in the baking dish.
6) In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper together.
7) Spoon the mixture evenly over the fillets.
8) Dot with the butter or margarine and cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the fish is flakes easily with a fork.
10) Serve the Baked Fish au Gratin straight from the baking dish.