|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fish fillets/One 4 pound whole dressed fish||8|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan add water, onions, carrot, celery, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and lemon.
3. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in wine and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Strain the liquid.
6. Keep aside to cool until lukewarm.
7. Grease casserole and arrange fresh fillets in it.
8. Pour stock over it.
9. Simmer on the range.
10. Cover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Alternately simmer on top of stove.
12. Whole fish can be poached first wrapped in cheesecloth.
13. Keep fish over large shallow pan, such as a French fish-poacher.
14. Pour liquid over it to cover.
15. Simmer fish for 10 minutes.
16. Remove from heat and keep fish in broth.
17. In a small saucepan melt butter to prepare sauce.
18. Stir in flour and blend.
19. Mix 1 cup of the poaching liquid.
20. Cook and stir until thick.
21. Mix cream and egg yolk and stir.
22. Add cream and lemon juice to sauce.
23. Keep sauce warm.
24. Serve sauce over fish.