|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet green pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clam juice||16 Ounce (2 bottles, 8 ounces each)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained and diced (1 can)|
|Green beans||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Kielbasa||1 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch slices (Smoked Sausage)|
|Codfish steaks||3 Pound, cut into 2 inch peices without skin and bones (3 steaks, about 1 pound each)|
|White rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
1. In a 3-quart microwave safe casserole dish mix the flour and oil and microwave for 10 minutes at full power (stirring twice) or until it is of golden brown colour.
2. In this flour mixture put the onion, green pepper and celery, toss and microwave for 4 minutes at full power, stirring once.
3. Again microwave for 2 minutes more after adding the garlic to it.
4. Now mix the bay leaf, thyme, oregano, black pepper, red pepper and salt and microwave at full for 4 minutes, stirring once.
5. Take it our and mix the clam juice and broth and microwave again for 6 minutes at full power or until it becomes thick, stirring every 2 minutes.
6. Now mix the tomatoes and green beans, cover with microwave safe plastic wrap with a few holes in it and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes at full power.
7. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Now add the kielbasa and microwave for 4 minutes at full power.
9. Add the codfish to the casserole dish and, cover with microwave safe plastic wrap with holes and microwave for 7 minutes at full power, or until the fish is cooked, stirring gently in between.
10. Reheat the rice and serve the hot fish on top of the rice.
Calories 1650 Calories from Fat 460
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.7 mg75.2%
Sodium 3004.6 mg125.2%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 97 g194.1%
Vitamin A 74% Vitamin C 228%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 47.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet