Baked Stuffed Whole Fish
|Celery||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced and quartered|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse dry bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 , quartered (2 Peels Of 1-Inch Squares)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Dressed fish||4 Pound (Whitefish, Pike, Bass, Trout Or Red Snapper)|
|Tartar sauce||4 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a large, shallow baking pan.
2) Into the blender, add in the celery and onions. Add in cold water enough to cover the vegetables.
3) Blend for a few seconds using the STIR blade, till the vegetables travel to the bottom of the blades. Strain the vegetables over a sieve. Drain well.
4) Into a bowl containing the dry breadcrumbs, add in the drained vegetables.
5) Into the blender, add in lemon juice, lemon peel and 1 teaspoon salt. Using the Puree blade, blend till the lemon rind gets finely chopped.
6) Add the above puree to the breadcrumb mixture along with sour cream and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Give it a light mix.
7) Take the fish and sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt on the inside and outside of the fish. Stuff the fish loosely with the breadcrumb stuffing.
8) Seal the fish shut using toothpicks or skewers.
9) Transfer the fish into the baking pan. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes till the fish flakes easily. Keep brushing the fish with butter or margarine while it cooks.
10) Serve the Baked Stuffed Whole Fish after removing the skewers or toothpicks. Serve tartar sauce on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4107 Calories from Fat 1711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g296.8%
Saturated Fat 83.7 g418.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1250.4 mg416.8%
Sodium 7808.3 mg325.3%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.1%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 396 g791.2%
Vitamin A 125.9% Vitamin C 124.6%
Calcium 90.4% Iron 137.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet