Fish Steaks with Zucchini Mayonnaise
|Swordfish steaks/Salmon / halibut / shark steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Small, very thinly sliced to make about 1/2 cup|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed dried tarragon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Cut the fish equally in 4 portions.
2) In a non-stick pan heat together wine, water, and tarragon to boil.
3) Gently add fish in the wine mixture.
4) Let the wine mixture boil.
5) Put the lid on and simmer until fish is tender and flakes with a fork.
6) Using a perforated ladle carefully take the fish out of the wine mixture.
7) Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
8) In a small bowl fold together zucchini, mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, and tarragon.
9) Serve the fish hot topped with the mayonnaise mixture.
While cooking allow 8 to 12 minutes for 1-inch-thick fish steaks and 10 to 15 minutes for 1 1/4-inch-thick fish steaks.