Braised Fish Fillet In Wine Sauce
|Lemon sole fillets/Plaice fillets||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Egg white||1⁄2 , lightly beaten|
|Cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon (Thick)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the sauce:|
|Dried black fungus||1⁄4 Ounce (Wood Ears, 10 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Brandy/Whisky / rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thin)|
1. To prepare the fish trim off the soft bones along the edges.
2. Cut each fillet into 8-10 pieces if large or 4-6 pieces if small.
3. In a bowl mix with the salt, egg white and thick cornflour paste, blend gently with fingers.
4. Soak the wood ears in warm water for 10-15 minutes, rinse and drain, cut into small pieces.
5. In a pan heat the oil until medium hot, add the fish piece by piece and stir gently to make sure they are not stuck together.
6. Deep-fry for about 1 minute, remove and drain.
7. Wipe clean the wok, heat the tablespoon of fresh oil until hot, stir-fry the wood ears with the garlic for 30-40 seconds.
8. Bring to boil adding the salt, sugar, wine, brandy and stock or water
9. Then add the fish, blend well and braise for about 1 minute. Add the MSG (if using) and sesame oil.
10. Thicken the sauce with the thin cornflour paste off the heat.
11. Serve Braised Fish Fillet hot spooning around Wine Sauce.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg18.2%
Sodium 693.3 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.42%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet