Sweet And Sour Fish
|Fish fillets||14 Ounce (Cod, Haddock Or Plaice, Etc, 350 - 400 Gram)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine/Brandy||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
|Water||1 Tablespoon, mixed with flour|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the sauce:|
|Seasoned oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, cut into small thin slices|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced diagonally|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , halved lengthwise, then sliced diagonally|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon (Ketchup Or Puree)|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thin)|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. To prepare the fish dry them well, then cut it into matchbox-size pieces and marinate in the soy sauce and wine for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a bowl make a batter with the egg and flour.
3. Coat the fish pieces with the batter.
4. Deep-fry them in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, remove and drain.
5. Wipe the wok clean, heat the tablespoon of fresh oil until hot and stir-fry the vegetables with the garlic for about 1 minute.
6. Add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, tomato sauce and stock or water.
7. Bring to the boil and add the fish, blending well.
8. Thicken the sauce with the cornflour paste.
9. Garnish with the sesame oil, toss a few times off the heat and serve hot.