Potatoes - 1 1/2 lb [750 g], sieved or riced
Smoked haddock - 1 lb [500 g]
Milk - 2 tablespoons [2X20 ml spoons]
Bay leaf - 1
Eggs - 2, hard boiled and finely chopped
Egg - 1, beaten to bind
Lemon - 1
Parsley - 1 tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon], chopped
Fat - for frying
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) In a saucepan, simmer milk by adding bay leaf.
2) Add the fish in simmering milk to cook.
3) Drain the fish and remove the skin and bones. Flake with a fork.
4) In a bowl, add the flaked fish, potato and hard boiled eggs with sufficient beaten egg to bind.
5) Shape the mixture in balls.
6) In a pan, heat butter or oil.
7) Add the balls to deep fry for 6-8 minutes turning frequently till they are golden brown.
8) Garnish the balls with lemon wedges before serving.