Saucy Crispy Whiting
|Whiting fillets||4 Large|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten lightly|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Coat each fillet with flour, dip in beaten and coat uniformly with breadcrumbs. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized wok, melt butter.
4. Once hot, add crumbed fillets and fry on both side till evenly cooked and golden brown in colour.
5. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
6. In the same wok, add peppers and sautÃ© for few seconds.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
8. Place fried fish on a platter. Top with warm sauce and serve immediately.