Chuck with Herb Anchovy Sauce
|Chuck roast||3 Pound, boned (About 2 Inches Thick)|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic cloves||1 Medium|
|Tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned rolled anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 can)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Trim fats from chuck and arrange it in baking dish. (12x8x2) inches.
3. Roast chuck for an hour and strain off the fat.
4. Take a bowl and combine cream of celery soup, chopped onions, chopped canned tomatoes, garlic cloves, and tarragon and pour this mixture over chuck.
5. Cover the seasoned chuck with foil and continue baking until the meat turns tender. It usually takes more than 2 hours for baking chuck. Strain off excess fat.
6. Serve the roast after topping with stuffed anchovies.
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.2 mg43.4%
Sodium 393.7 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet