Herbed Shark Steaks
|Chablis/Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)|
|Dried whole basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Wash the shark steaks under cold, running water. Pat them dry.
2) Arrange the steaks in a shallow dish.
3) In a bowl, mix wine, olive oil, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, white pepper and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the steak.
4) Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or better still overnight. Keep turning over the steaks in the marinade every few hours.
5) Take the steaks out of the marinade. Keep the marinade aside.
6) Spray the grill with cooking spray.
7) On a preheated grill, place the steaks. Grill them for about 6 minutes on each side. The fish must be flaky to touch.
8) Keep basting the fish with the reserved marinade.
9) Garnish the Shark Steaks with chopped parsley leaves.