Herring Au Gratin
|Sliced cooked potatoes||8 Medium|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Soak cleaned herring in water for at least 12 hours.
2) Preheated oven at 425°F.
3) Remove the skin and bones from the herring and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
4) In a baking tray, make layers of the herring, potatoes, and onion.
5) Dust each layer with pepper and add bread crumbs over the final layer.
6) Brush with butter and place in oven for 30 minutes.
7) Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.1 mg6.7%
Sodium 49 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet