Low Sodium Fish and Vegetables En Papillote
|Carrot||1 Medium, scraped|
|Fresh snow pea||1⁄4 Pound, stem ends and strings removed|
|Green onions||8 , root ends trimmed|
|Fish fillets||12 Ounce (4 Small Ones, 3 Ounce Each And 1/2 Inch Thick Fresh / 1 Package Frozen, Sole / Flounder)|
|Lemon||1 , cut into eight - 1/8 inch slices|
|Unsalted butter/Margarine / olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt free herb and spice blend||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Cut carrot crosswise in half and then cut it along with pea pods lengthwise into 1/8 inch julienne strips.
3. Cut green onions crosswise in half, then lengthwise into julienne strips.
4. Tear off four 12-inch-long sheets of foil or parchment paper.
5. In center of each piece of foil or paper place 1 fresh or unthawed frozen fish fillet.
6. If the number of frozen fish fillets is uneven, divide into four equal portions.
7. On each fish fillet, place 2 lemon slices and one-fourth of the carrot, pea pods and green onions and dot with butter and sprinkle with herb-and-spice blend.
8. For each packet, bring long sides of foil or paper together over fish.
9. Fold together 1 inch of foil or paper and crease repeat folding until foil or paper fits loosely around food.
10. Repeat folding technique at each short end until packet is tightly sealed.
11. Place packets on disposable foil or paper cooking sheet and bake fish for about 10 minutes.
12. Alternately microwave oven, place paper packets without using foil-€”on paper cookie sheet at high for 5 minutes.
13. Transfer to serving plates directly from packets and serve.
Calories 156 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.4 mg24.1%
Sodium 88.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 80.1% Vitamin C 66.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet