Herring Roe On Toast
|Herring roes||1⁄2 Pound (Soft Variety)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Bread slices||2 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Wash the fish and pat dry. Dredge in seasoned flour.
2. Heat a frying pan with shallow fat which has just reached hazing point.
3. Shallow fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
4. Drain well and pat the excess oil with kitchen paper.
4. Place on hot buttered toast and sprinkle parsley over. Serve immediately.