Herring Roe On Toast
|Herring roes||1⁄2 Pound (Soft Variety)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Bread slices||2 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Wash the fish and pat dry. Dredge in seasoned flour.
2. Heat a frying pan with shallow fat which has just reached hazing point.
3. Shallow fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
4. Drain well and pat the excess oil with kitchen paper.
4. Place on hot buttered toast and sprinkle parsley over. Serve immediately.
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 452.1 mg150.7%
Sodium 747.2 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 63.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet