Roe en Casserole
|Roe||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry sauterne||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||5 , minced (Use Few)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3) In a saucepan, add the roe, sauterne, bay-leaf, peppercorns and cloves together.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
5) Drain the roe and break into pieces with a fork.
6) In 1 1/2-quart casserole, place the roe pieces in a layer.
7) In a pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and blend in the flour.
8) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook, until thickened.
9) Season with the salt and pepper to taste, mix thoroughly.
10) Sprinkle the roe lightly with the salt and pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and bread crumbs.
11) Pour over some white sauce over crumbs, repeat the layers, until all the ingredients are used, finish with the bread crumbs.
12) Dot with rest of the butter and sprinkle with the paprika.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.
14) Serve the Roe en Casserole straight out of the oven
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 690.2 mg230.1%
Sodium 360.7 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.78 g3.1%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet