Ham In Cheese Crust
|Round cheese crackers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely crushed (Use About 36 Crackers)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Evaporated milk||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Fully cooked ground ham||1 Pound|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the crust, mix together the cracker crumbs and butter.
3) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture and press the remainder on the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate of 9-inches.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5) In the meantime, combine together the evaporated milk, eggs, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, horseradish and mustard in a bowl. Mix well.
6) Add the ham and mix thoroughly.
7) Turn the mixture into the baked crumb crust.
8) Bake in the preheated oven (at 350 degrees) for another 35 minutes.
9) Sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture all over the baked preparation and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
10) Transfer the preparation to a decorative serving platter and serve while still warm or at room temperature. If preferred, trim the pie-€™s top with additional whole round cheese crackers and some sprigs of fresh parsley.
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.7 mg65.2%
Sodium 343.2 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet