Tagliolini With Sardines
|Fennel bulb||1 Small|
|Fresh sardines||12 , cleaned and split open (About 5 Inches Long)|
|All purpose flour||125 Milliliter, seasoned with salt and pepper (1/2 Cup)|
|Salt||To Taste (For Seasoning Flour)|
|Pepper||To Taste (For Seasoning Flour)|
|Olive oil||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Anchovy fillet||1 , chopped|
|Toasted pine nuts||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Raisins||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Saffron powder||1 Pinch (Use Pure Variety)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tagliarini/2/3 pound dried||1 Pound, mixed (Use Fresh, Spinach And Plain Mixed)|
1) Chop the fennel greens and reserve. Trim the bulb, discard the tough outer stalks, and finely slice the bulb enough to make 1/4 cup.
2) Gently toss the sardines in the seasoned flour.
3) In a frying pan, gently fry the sardines in 1/4 cup olive oil, in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
4) In the same pan, saute the onion and fennel in 1/4 cup olive oil, until tender.
5) Stir in the anchovy fillet, mash and saute for 30 seconds.
6) Stir in the pine nuts, raisins, saffron and black pepper to taste, keep warm.
7) In a pan, cook the taglierini in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and transfer to a warm serving dish.
8) Pour over the fennel sauce, toss and place the sardines on top.
9) Garnish with the fennel greens and serve the Taglierini with Sardines, immediately on individual serving plates.