Meat And Anchovy Pirozhki
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Gravy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (thick)|
|Anchovy fillets||2 , minced|
|Minced parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , chopped|
|Pastry sheet/Raised dough for pirozhki||1 , unbaked, made with 2 cups flour|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease and flour a cookie sheet.
3) In a heavy saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the onion and saute till golden brown.
4) Stir in the beef, anchovy fillets, parsley, dill and chopped egg pieces. Mix well.
5) Remove the saucepan off the flame and allow it cool down.
6) Take the pastry sheet and roll it out to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the sheet into 12 equal pieces of 4X5-inches.
7) Place the beef mixture in the centre of each pastry piece. Moisten the edges and fold over, sealing the edges shut.
10) Place the pastry fillings on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes until they turn slightly brown.
11) Alternatively, you may fill the beef mixture in a 9-inch pie pan lined with pastry. Bake the pie for about 25 minutes until the top turns brown. Slice the pie into wedges.
12) Serve the Meat And Anchovy Pirozhki hot along with dipping sauces.