Microwave Fried Fish
|Plain dried breadcrumbs||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sole fillets||6 Ounce (2 pieces, 3 ounce each, Lemon or Gray)|
1) On a paper plate or a sheet of wax paper, combine together the cheese, bread crumbs, basil and pepper. Stir well to combine thoroughly. Set the mixture aside.
2) In a microwavable cup, microwave the margarine for about 30 seconds on HIGH (100%), till it has melted.
3) With the melted margarine, brush both sides of each fillet. Ensure that the entire margarine has been used up.
4) In the bread crumb mixture, dredge each fillet, lightly coating on both sides.
5) On sheets of paper towel, place each fillet. Over each fillet, fold the sides of each towel to enclose.
6) On a microwavable plate, arrange the fillets, folded-sides down.
7) Microwave the fillet on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 2 minutes. Let the preparation stand in the microwave for 2 minutes, till the fish has thoroughly cooked and easily flakes when tested with a fork.
8) Remove the paper towels and discard them
9) Serve the Microwave Fried Fish while it is still hot. Transfer to a decorative serving platter and serve as a main dish. A light, green salad can be served on the side.
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.65 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg7%
Sodium 86.6 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet