|Sole fillets/Flounder fillets||1⁄2 Pound (2 pieces, 1/4 pound each)|
|All purpose flour||4 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Ounce, sliced|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon (fresh)|
|Lemon slices||3 (for garnish)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley sprigs||3 , halved (for garnish)|
1) On a paper plate or a sheet of wax paper, dredge the fillets in flour. Lightly coat both the sides and reserve the remaining flour.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
3) Add oil to the prepared skillet and heat it.
4) To the skillet, add the fillets and cook over moderate-high heat, turning once, till the fish is light brown in color and easily flakes when tested with a fork. This takes about 2 to 3 minutes of cooking on each side.
5) Put the browned fillets on a serving platter and set aside. Keep the fillets warm.
6) In the same skillet, melt the butter and add the almonds.
7) Saute the almonds over moderate-high heat, frequently stirring, till they are light brown in color (1 to 2 minutes of cooking).
8) Add the reserved flour to the skillet and quickly stir to combine. Add the wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
9) Cook the mixture, occasionally stirring, till it has reduced by 1/3rd and is slightly thick (another 1 to 2 minutes of cooking).
10) Over the warm fillets, pour the almond mixture and sprinkle chopped parsley all over.
11) Serve the Fish Amandine while it is still hot. Lemon slices and parsley sprigs can be used as garnish. Makes a delectable, nutritious and filling main dish.
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.3 mg11.8%
Sodium 109.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet