Rotelli With Spinach And Anchovies
|Rotelli pasta/2/3 pound / 300 gram, dried rotelli||3⁄4 Pound (fresh)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , finely chopped|
|Chopped spinach||500 Milliliter, cooked and drained (2 cups, fresh or frozen)|
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||835 Milliliter, drained (3 1/3 cups)|
|Toasted pine nuts||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
1) In a pan, cook the rotelli in the boiling salted water, until tender.
2) In a large frying pan, saute the garlic gently for 30 seconds.
3) Stir in the anchovies and cook for another 30 seconds.
4) Stir in the spinach and cook until the mixture is almost dry.
5) Break up tomatoes, shaking off the excess juice, and add the pulp into the spinach mixture.
6) Drain the cooked rotelli lightly, retaining some cooking water.
7) Then stir in the rotelli into the spinach mixture alongwith the pine nuts, toss thooroughly.
8) Serve the Rotelli with Spinach and Anchovies, immediately on individual serving plates.