Tuna Green Bean and Onion Salad
|Green beans pieces||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed, cut into 1/4 inch long pieces|
|Fusilli/Penne rigate||2⁄3 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tuna fillet||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices (fresh)|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cook beans in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes to allow it to turn crispy tender. Rinse with cold water, drain, and place in a large bowl.
2. Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again, and add to beans.
3. Saute tuna and onion in half of the oil until tuna is just cooked. Mix in vinegar, increase the heat, and cook fast to reduce the dressing and coat tuna lightly.
4. Add to salad bowl with rest of the oil and toss well. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Allow to stand in room temperature until served.
5. Divide Tuna Green Bean and Onion Salad equally among 6 salad plates and serve with a garnish of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 81.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet