|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a pan, combine water and 1/4 cup butter and heat till water boils.
2) Add flour and salt and stir vigorously.
3) When the mix begins to form a ball, turn off heat.
4) While beating, add in one egg at a time till the mixture is smooth.
5) Debone the fish and pass it through the finest blade of the food chopper 3 or 4 times.
6) Using a spoon, cream the ground fish to a smooth paste.
7) Beat in a pastry mixture and add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
8) One at a time, beat in the egg whites, 1/2 cup softened butter, and cream.
9) Chill for 6 -€“ 8 hours
10) To shape quenelles, use a pastry tube or in a dessert spoon by leveling pastry and sliding it into a buttered skillet, or by rolling the paste into cylinders.
11) To cook, quenelles must be covered with boiling salted water and then simmered for 10 minutes.
12) Remove and drain.
13) Serve plain with lobster or shrimp sauce.
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.9 mg62.6%
Sodium 160.5 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet