Olive and Anchovy Sauce
|Pitted and oil packed ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Salt anchovies||3 , soaked in water for 30 minutes, patted dry and then coarsely chopped|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rinsed and drained|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Using a mortar and pestle, pound together the olives, anchovies and capers until they form a paste.
2) To a bowl, transfer this mixture.
3) Slowly, stir in enough oil to make a sauce rather firm.
4) With lemon juice, pepper and dry mustard, season to taste.
5) You can use this as a topping for cooked spaghetti.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.1%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg15%
Sodium 2411.5 mg100.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet