Smoked Fish and Rice Appetizer
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Thin slices smoked salmon/Anchovies- 32nos or a mixture of both||16|
1) In a saucepan, put the rice and water, cover and bring to boil.
2) Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and dry.
3) Cut the salmon in half lengthwise.
4) In a bowl, stir in soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt.
5) Pat the rice onto a board or a plate, cool completely.
6) Make walnut size balls or oblong patties of the rice.
7) Wrap the salmon or the anchovies around the rice.
8) Serve cold.