|New potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Rollmop herrings||12 Ounce (1 Jar, 350 Gram)|
|Red eating apples||2 Small|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Thick mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Cooked beetroot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. Prepare the potatoes and cook in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain well, cool and slice.
3. Drain the herrings, cut into pieces and put in a bowl.
4. Wash and slice the celery.
5. Quarter the apples, remove the core and slice thinly; toss in the lemon juice.
6. Add the potatoes, celery, apples and mayonnaise to the fish.
7. Arrange the salad on a plate.
8. Wash the watercress and remove the long part of the stem.
9. Arrange the watercress round the edge of the fish.
10. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
11. Garnish with the cold cooked beetroot, diced, round the plate. Serve with brown bread.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 505.8 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 47.2%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet