Fried Pickled Fish
|Mackerel slices/Snapper / sea bass slices||6|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), sliced thin|
|Minced ginger root/1 1/2 teaspoons powdered ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green pepper/Red pepper||1 , cut juliennes|
1) Season the fish with 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and pepper.
2) In a non-stick pan heat half of the oil, brown the fish on both the sides.
3) Remove on paper napkin.
4) In the skillet heat the remaining oil, sautÃ© onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
5) Add the ginger, vinegar, water, sugar, mushroom and pepper.
6) Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
7) Add the fish to the mixture and simmer for 5 minutes more.
8) Chill for 24 hours before serving
9) Use as desired.