|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root piece/1 teaspoon powdered ginger||1 Inch, chopped|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cumin seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pounded fine|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, cook the mackerel in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
2) Drain the fish and flake it coarsely.
3) In a large saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© chilli peppers, ginger, onions, garlic, saffron and cumin for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Add the fish, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
5) Pour in cream, coconut milk and salt.
6) Simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
7) Serve Fish Sambal hot with steamed rice.