Scalloped Oysters And White Fish
|Oysters in the shell||2 Dozen (Fresh)|
|Cooked white fish fillet||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Soft bread crumbs||8 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon (To Moisten)|
|Chopped parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped shallot||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into flakes (1/2 Stick)|
1. Open fresh oysters, drain and remove from shells; reserve the liquid from these or from shelled oysters.
2. Flake the white fish.
3. Season oysters and fish with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Toss the bread crumbs with enough melted butter to moisten them but not make them sodden.
5. Combine crumbs, parsley and shallot.
6. Grease 4 scallop shells with a little flaked butter.
7. Put 2 of the largest oysters in each shell.
8. Sprinkle with white fish, then with crumb mixture.
9. Dot with butter flakes.
10. Repeat the layers, using 4 oysters in each shell, all the fish and the crumb mixture and butter flakes.
11. Pour some of the reserved liquid into each shell.
12. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes until well heated through.
13. Finish by browning under the broiler.