Fillets Of Sole Marguery
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed and sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hollandaise sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sole fillet||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Oysters||1 Pint (In Liquid)|
|Oysters in liquid||1 Pint|
1. Gently warm the Hollandaise Sauce and set aside to cool
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Rinse fillets under cold water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Arrange folded fillets in buttered 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Pour wine and 1/2 cup water over all.
5. Top with onion and bay leaf. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. In a small saucepan, cook oysters in their liquid until edges begin to curl. Drain; set aside.
7. With slotted spatula, remove fillets, and arrange in buttered 12-by-8-by-2-inch broilerproof dish. Top with oysters and shrimp. Keep warm.
8. Strain fish stock into 2-cup measure. Reserve 1-1/4 cups.
9. Prepare the mushroom sauce in a medium saucepan by heating butter.
10. Add mushrooms, sauté, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
11. Remove from heat; stir in flour and cayenne until smooth.
12. Add reserved 1-1/4 cups fish stock and the cream.
13. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Pour off any liquid. Pour sauce over fish. Spoon hollandaise sauce over all.
14. Place under broiler, 4 inches from heat, about 3 to 5 minutes, or just until top is golden-brown.
15. Serve hot