Lettuce Wrapped Fish Bundles
|Romaine lettuce||4 Large|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||4 Large|
|Haddock fillets||10 Ounce|
|Fish fillets||10 Ounce (orange roughy, sole, monkfish or haddock)|
|Sweet pepper||1⁄2 Small (red / green variety)|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
|Dry white wine/Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In cold water, rinse lettuce leaves and shake off excess.
2. On a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate place and microwave them at High for 20 seconds or until limp.
3. On work surface, overlap 2 lettuce leaves slightly and top with half of the fish, rolled up or folded over if necessary.
4. Cut carrots, zucchini and red pepper into julienne strips, reserving 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) vegetables for garnish.
5. On top of fish place half of the remaining vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Fold lettuce carefully around fish and vegetables, tucking in ends to form package and transfer to pie plate, seam side down.
7. Repeat with second fish bundle and top with reserved vegetables.
8. Pour wine over fish bundles and cover with vented plastic wrap.
9. Microwave at High for 2 minutes, rotate plate and microwave for 2 to 4 minutes or until fish is opaque.
10. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.