Fish A La Nantaise
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Fish stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||10 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (Approximately)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package, 100 Gram)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Whole fish shuld be preferred, but without gills.
2) Cut off the fins and scrape the inside of the fish thoroughly.
3) Sprinkle salt over fish and let it stand for 15 minutes.
4) Rinse the fish and make it dry.
5) Clean the vegetables and dice the carrots.
6) Slice the leeks with more green part and finely chop the onions.
7) In a pan, saute the vegetables except mushrooms, in butter until tender but do not brown them.
8) In a well-greased ovenproof dish, pour the veggies.
9) Cover them with fish stock or water.
10) Place raw mushrooms in between the veggies.
11) Sprinkle lemon juice, salt and pepper over fish and place it on top of vegetables.
12) Blend the softened cream cheese with flour and enough milk to make the cheese spread easily.
13) Spread evenly the cheese over the fish.
14) Place the dish in the oven at 150°C (300°F) for 3/4 hour until the fish and vegetables are tender.
15) Serve the creamy fish as main dish.