Baked Stuffed Fish
|Red snapper/Striped bass, cod, haddock, bluefish, or whitefish||3 Pound, cleaned|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wash fish inside and out under cold running water. Drain well, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Make stuffing in a medium skillet by melting hot butter in medium skillet. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, and bread cubes; toss to mix well.
5. Spoon stuffing into cavity; close opening with skewers or wooden picks.
6. Place fish in large, greased roasting pan. Arrange bacon, not overlapping, lengthwise over top of fish; sprinkle with pepper. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and bacon is crisp.
7. Set fish on a heated serving platter, garnish with lemon butter and salt and serve hot
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63 mg21%
Sodium 253.9 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet