Baked Stuffed Fish
|Red snapper/Striped bass, cod, haddock, bluefish, or whitefish||3 Pound, cleaned|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wash fish inside and out under cold running water. Drain well, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Make stuffing in a medium skillet by melting hot butter in medium skillet. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, and bread cubes; toss to mix well.
5. Spoon stuffing into cavity; close opening with skewers or wooden picks.
6. Place fish in large, greased roasting pan. Arrange bacon, not overlapping, lengthwise over top of fish; sprinkle with pepper. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and bacon is crisp.
7. Set fish on a heated serving platter, garnish with lemon butter and salt and serve hot