Fish Dalmatian Style
|Carp/Scrod||3 Pound, cut into 8 six-ounce steaks about 1 inch thick (1 Carp)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped to make about 1 1/2 cups|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tabasco pepper||1 Teaspoon, chopped (Small Bottled)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Season the fish steaks on both sides with salt.
2) Coat them with flour and shake off the excess.
3) Take a heavy 12-inch skillet and melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
4) Stir in fish when the foam subsides and lightly brown them for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
5) Transfer them to a platter.
6) In the skillet, heat rest of the oil and butter and add in onions when the foam subsides.
7) SautÃ© them for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are translucent.
8) Mix in tomatoes, wine, vinegar, tabasco peppers and white pepper and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring well.
9) Transfer the fish back to skillet and cover tightly and simmer them for 10 to 15 minutes.
10) On a platter, arrange the fish steaks and pour over the sauce.
11) Serve at once.