Fish Fillets Florentine
|Soy oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions/1 small onion, chopped||4 , chopped|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (Like Cod, Flounder Or Haddock)|
|Soft whole grain bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a large saucepan, steam the spinach leaves until they become limp, drain, chop and keep aside.
3) In a large skillet, heat oil and saute the scallions on low flame till transluscent. Stir in flour, paprika and cayenne to coat the onions well.
4) Slowly add in the milk, stirring continously over low flame till the sauce starts to thicken.
5) Add in chopped spinach, tamari and cheese. When the cheese melts completely, remove the skillet from flame.
6) Arrange the fish fillets in a single layer in a 8 X 8 -inch baking dish.
7) Pour the sauce over the fish to cover them completely.
8) Bake the fillets for about 15 minutes or until done. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the fillets and bake for 10 more minutes till the crumbs turn golden brown.
9) Serve the Fish Fillets Florentine hot, garnished with pepper flakes and chopped parsley.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.3 mg44.4%
Sodium 548.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 44 g87%
Vitamin A 226.6% Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 45.5% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet