Pan Fried Pan Fish
|Fish||1 Pound (Small, Dressed)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine/Good cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (Use more if required)|
1) Trim, wash, and drain the excess water from fish and keep aside for a few moments.
2) Combine together cornmeal and salt.
3) Coat fish with the cornmeal-salt mixture.
4) In a heavy skillet, heat margarine or cooking oil and brown fish on one side for about 5 minutes in it.
5) Toss the fish gently and then add in a little more fat or cooking oil if required.
6) Brown the other side for about 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
7) Serve hot.
Ordinary flour or dried bread crumbs can be used if cornmeal is not available.
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 645.5 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 47 g93.7%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet