Pan Fried Pan Fish
|Fish||1 Pound (Small, Dressed)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine/Good cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (Use more if required)|
1) Trim, wash, and drain the excess water from fish and keep aside for a few moments.
2) Combine together cornmeal and salt.
3) Coat fish with the cornmeal-salt mixture.
4) In a heavy skillet, heat margarine or cooking oil and brown fish on one side for about 5 minutes in it.
5) Toss the fish gently and then add in a little more fat or cooking oil if required.
6) Brown the other side for about 5 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
7) Serve hot.
Ordinary flour or dried bread crumbs can be used if cornmeal is not available.