Smoked Fish Trio
|Smoked trout fillet||8 Ounce, skinned (225 Gram)|
|Smoked mackerel fillet||8 Ounce, skinned|
|Smoked salmon||8 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce, melted (225 Gram)|
|Double cream||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Creamed horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cottage cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) Take a 1 lb (450 g) loaf tin and apply a little oil over it. Lay a cling film in it.
2) In a food processor, flake the trout. Mash with one third of the melted butter (about 6 tbsp), 2 tbsp cream, 1 tbsp lemon juice, horseradish and white pepper to taste.
3) Add the trout mixture over the prepared tin and with a spoon level the surface.
4) In the food processor, process the flaked mackerel with half the remaining butter, ltbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp cream, cottage cheese and with white pepper to taste.
5) Spoon evenly over the trout pate.
6) In the food processor, blend the smoked salmon with the remaining butter, 3 tbsp cream, 2 tbsp lemon juice, dill, white and cayenne pepper to taste.
7) Spoon evenly over the top of mackerel mixture.
8) Use cling film and cover the tin. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
9) Turn out thr trio pate onto a plate and cut into slices.
10) Serve with toasted bread, if you like.
These slices can be individually wrapped in cling film and frozen for up to 1 month.
Defrost as required, in the refrigerator.
Calories 844 Calories from Fat 690
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.6%
Saturated Fat 31 g154.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.3 mg45.1%
Sodium 468.3 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 36 g71.3%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet