Monkfish with Rosemary
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned (500 Gram)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Monkfish fillets||24 Ounce, skinned (2 Fillets, 375 G /12 Oz Each)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), cut into thin slivers|
|Rosemary sprigs||2 (Long Ones)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a liquidizer or food processor, puree the tomatoes such that smooth and through a sieve strain into a bowl.
2. Season the puree with the vinegar, salt and pepper, cover and keep aside.
3. Make almost lengthways slice out of each fillet and not quite all the way through, making a pocket.
4. Down the pocket lengths lay the garlic with a topping of rosemary sprig and season as per taste.
5. Reform both fillets and tie with string at 1.5 cm / 3/4 inch intervals.
6. In a large shallow dish mix the oil and lemon juice, add the fillets, top with marinade and cover.
7. Let remain for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
8. Drain the fish and cook on an oiled barbecue grill over fairly hot coals for 20 minutes, basting frequently such that cooked.
9. Unstring the fish and slice thinly.
10. Warm through the tomato sauce and serve with the fish.
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85 mg28.3%
Sodium 275.5 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 52 g104.1%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 65.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet