Hot Ginger Fish With Sweet Peppers
|Sea bass||4 Pound, head and tail on, cleaned and backbone removed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, grated or finely chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot red peppers||3 , seeded and chopped for about 1/4 to 1/3 cup (Long Peppers)|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded, juiced, and diced|
|Cabbage leaves/Romaine lettuce leaves||4|
|Scallion||1 , julienned, the white and part of the green|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Yellow pepper||1⁄2 , cut into 1/2-inch strips|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
2. Take an 18- X 18-inch sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and spray it with PAM on one side. Keep aside.
3. With a sharp knife, slice the fish across its length and open it like a book.
4. Sprinkle the inside flesh with salt and pepper.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice over it.
6. In a bowl, mix chopped ginger, onions, and hot peppers.
7. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper.
8. Mix the tomatoes in. Keep aside
9. With a spoon, stuff the fish with the tomato mixture.
10. Close the fish and place it on the sprayed surface of the foil.
11. Bring the foil edges up first, then fold over, and down again.
12. Tuck the ends of the foil under to make a neat package.
13. Place the foil on a baking sheet and place the sheet in the in the upper third of the oven.
14. In the pre-heated oven, bake the fish for 30 minutes.
15. In a bowl of hot water, place the cabbage and lettuce leaves to wilt them.
16. Take a serving platter and arrange the wilted leaves.
17. Open the foil and slide the fish on the bed of leaves.
18. Place the scallion julienne and pepper strips in a crisscross pattern on the fish and serve hot.