Fish Bonne Femme
|Fish fillets||2 Pound (Of Your Choice, 1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||50 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut in slivers|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cut in four (250 Gram)|
|Dry cider/White wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Whipping cream||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
1. Roll the fillets in kitchen towels to dry.
2. Sprinkle the fish with pepper and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
3. Place a browning dish in the microwave and pre-heat for 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whip the cream and keep aside.
5. Without removing the dish from the microwave, add butter, garlic, onion, green onions and half the mushrooms and mix well.
6. Also add the remaining salt and stir.
7. Cook for 2 minutes in the microwave at High.
8. Add the remaining mushrooms on top.
9. Finally, pour the cider or wine over all.
10. Cover the pan with waxed paper and cook for 4-5 minutes in the microwave at High.
11. Let it stand covered, for 3 minutes.
12. With a slotted spoon, remove the fish and the mushrooms.
13. Place the fish on a hot platter and arrange the mushrooms around and on top.
14. Place the sauce in the microwave, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes at High, or until it reduces by half.
15. Fold the whipped cream into the hot gravy while beating with a whisk.
16. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.3 mg66.1%
Sodium 699.9 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 43 g85.5%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet