Fish Wolfgang Puck's Roasted Salmon With Herb Crust
|For the tomato fondue|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced to make 2 tablespoons|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Pound, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped thyme||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|For the potato puree|
|Baking potatoes||2 1⁄4 Pound, peeled and quartered (3 Large Sized)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched in boiling water for 5 seconds and cooled in ice water|
|1% milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For the roasted salmon:|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated fresh horseradish||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped herbs||3 Tablespoon (A Combination Of Any Of The Following: Dill, Parsley, Tarragon, Thyme, Chives, Or Basil)|
|Salmon fillet pieces||6 Ounce, skinned|
|Basil sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 500°F
2) Make the fondue: In a skillet heat olive oil and cook the onion and garlic over moderately low heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till soft.
3) Add tomatoes, wine, and tomato paste. Boil the mixture and simmer for 20 minutes till the sauce thickens.
4) Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
6) Make the potato puree: In a saucepan heat salted water and combine the potatoes, bring to a boil, and simmer till tender.
7) In a blender add basil with oil and 3 tablespoons of the milk. Puree the mixture.
8) Drain potatoes and pass through a food mill.
9) Add milk, basil puree, salt and pepper.
10) Keep the potatoes warm in a double boiler.
11) Make the roasted salmon: In a bowl add horseradish and herb mixture. Toss the mixture.
12) Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Pat one-sixth of the herb mixture on top of each piece.
13) Drizzle oil over the crumbs.
14) In a shallow baking pan place the fillets and roast in oven for 8 to 10 minutes till cooked through.
15) Pour the potato puree evenly at center of six plates and place salmon on top.
16) Spoon the tomato fondue around the fish. Garnish each plate with basil sprig.
The tomato sauce can be prepared in advance, stored covered and chilled, and then reheated.
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24 mg8%
Sodium 354.1 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.3%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 216.9% Vitamin C 185.4%
Calcium 42.2% Iron 55.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet