Spinach And Sardine Mold
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Unflavored gelatin powder||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope Plus 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Unflavored gelatin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon cube||1|
|Canned sardines in oil||3 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Packed In Olive Oil)|
|Dairy sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. From spinach squeeze as much liquid as possible and place in a medium bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, stir gelatin and water well to combine and let it stand for 3 minutes.
3. Stir over low heat such that gelatin dissolves, then stir in bouillon cube until dissolved and set aside to cool.
4. Pour cooled gelatin mixture over spinach and stir to combine.
5. In a small bowl place undrained sardines and mash with a fork.
6. Into spinach mixture stir mashed sardines such that blended.
7. Then fold in sour cream, hard-cooked eggs, salt and pepper.
8. With cold water rinse a 4-cup decorative mold and drain well.
9. Spoon mixture into mold, smooth top and refrigerate several hours such that completely set.
10. To serve, insert the tip of a knife around edge of mold and on a serving plate invert mold.
11. Wet a dish towel with hot water and wring dry.
12. Around mold place hot towel a few seconds, remove towel and mold.
13. Serve with a tossed salad.