Steamed Fish With Ginger, Scallion And Coriander
|Sea bass/Weakfish / red snapper / carp / other non-oily white fish||4 Pound (1 Whole Sea Bass, Including Head)|
|Fresh ginger slices||2 (Quarter Size)|
|Whole scallions||8 , trimmed|
|Corn oil/Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Dash|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Handful)|
1. Rinse the fish under water to remove all traces of blood and membranes.
2. Pat the fish dry with paper towels.
3. With a sharp knife, score4 or 5 diagonal slashes across the fish on both sides from head to tail, taking care to slash an inch apart and go almost through to the bone.
4. Put the ginger slices in the cuts close to the head. Keep aside.
5. With a knife, cut the green tops of the scallions from the white parts. Keep the tops aside.
6. Julienne the white parts and keep aside.
7. In an oven-proof platter where the fish can be held flat or slightly curved, place the green scallion tops.
8. Make a bed of the scallion greens.
9. Place the fish on the bed.
10. Take a deep roasting pan with a cover or a large Dutch oven, and pour 2 to 3 inches of water.
11. Place a rack in the pan so that the fish can be above water.
12. Place the pan on heat and bring to a boil.
13. Wearing mitts to protect your hands, carefully place the fish platter on the rack.
14. Cover the platter and increase the heat.
15. Steam the fish for 15 minutes till it is translucent to the bone.
16. In a small, heavy saucepan, mix the oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sherry.
17. Place over low heat and cook gently for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
18. Keep the sauce aside.
19. Remove the fish from the steamer and pour the sauce over it.
20. Serve hot, sprinkled with the scallion juliennes and chopped coriander.
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186 mg62%
Sodium 607.1 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 85 g169.7%
Vitamin A 26.4% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet