Sweet And Sour Fish Fillets
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pineapple syrup and water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||6 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into one-inch squares|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into thin wedges|
|Hot cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) If the fish is frozen, thaw it.
2) Slice fish into one-inch pieces.
3) Save the syrup from pineapple chunks after draining it.
4) Pour enough water to syrup so as to fill the cup with one and one fourth of liquid.
5) Blend together liquid, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch, soy sauce, and salts.
6) In a 12-inch skillet, over moderate heat, heat oil and cook fish in it, tossing pieces carefully until fish is firm.
7) Pour in liquid mixture and then allow the sauce to thicken by cooking and stirring carefully.
8) Mix in rest of the ingredients and cook until vegetables are done and fish flakes easily when fork-tested.
9) Serve at once over rice.
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33.3%
Sodium 909.9 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet