|Lean white fish head bones and trimmings||3 Pound|
|Lean white fish heads bones and trimmings||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 , peeled and diced|
|Parsley stems||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Anise seed/Fennel seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||375 Milliliter (1/2 Bottle)|
1) Thoroughly rinse the fish parts and remove any trace of organs or blood. If present, remove the fills from the heat. Use a cleaver or a heavy chef’s knife to split large heads.
2) In a large saucepan or stockpot, place the rinsed fish parts, onion, parsley stems, bay leaf, celery leaf, anise or fennel seed, peppercorns and ginger, if it is being used. Add the wine and just enough water to cover the contents.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes. If ay foam rises to the surface, skim it off.
4) Through a fine-mesh strainer, strain the finished stock. Cook more after straining if a stronger stock is preferred. Do not attempt to get a stronger stock by cooking the bones for long as this will cause the preparation to have a bitter flavor.
5) Serve or use as preferred. Can be used immediately or refrigerated or frozen for future use.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 182.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 85 g169.6%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 63.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet