Crispy Smoked Fish
|Smoked fish||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Grated cheese||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
1) POACHING THE FISH – Take a pan and fill it with cold water.
2) Keep the fish in it, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Pour away the liquid.
4) Using a fork, flake the fish.
5) Cut the rashers and crisply fry.
6) Separate the cauliflower florets.
7) Heat a pan with lightly salted water cook until al dente.
8) MAKING THE SAUCE – Heat a pan, melt butter and oil. Put in flour and stir for a minute.
9) Gradually stir in the milk. Season to taste.
10) Let the sauce come to a boil, stirring continually.
11) Take away from the heat source and add 2 oz (50 g) grated cheese.
12) In a greased casserole dish, line the cauliflower, fish and rashers.
13) Spoon the cheese sauce over.
14) In a bowl, mix the remaining cheese with breadcrumbs. Scatter over the top.
15) Heat through in a moderate oven or under the grill until the topping is crisp.
16) Serve hot.